Handing Over FAQ
Margaret Ville
Lake Grande
Sol Acres
Handing Over FAQ


Key Collection Procedures Defects Liability Period Renovations
Telecom, Electricity & Water Supply Mechanical & Electrical (M & E) Works  
  Key Collection Procedures

1) Timing of key collection
Upon issuance of Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) or Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC) by the relevant authorities, our solicitors will notify your solicitor to make the next payment and furnish guidelines and password for the online booking system for the key collection. Upon our receipt of your payment from our solicitors, you may proceed to book an appointment for collection of key via our online booking system.

The appointment date and time is subject to availability on a first-come-first-served basis. Information on the availability can be checked via the online booking system.


2) Can my relatives or friends collect the key on my behalf?
Yes. Please fax/email to us your Letter of Authorisation in the format provided for by your solicitor prior to the day of key collection. On the actual day of key collection, your authorised personnel will need to bring along the original copy of the Letter of Authorisation and his/her NRIC/passport for verification.

3) What is the procedure for key collection?
The keys can be collected at the key collection center at your development. You will receive a handover kit comprising the keys to your unit, a Resident's Handbook, warranties, inventory checklist, operating manuals, remote controls for the air-conditioners or electrical appliances, architectural and services layout plan, Utilities and Telephone Application Forms. Our representatives will accompany you to the unit to check on the fittings and appliances.

  Defects Liability Period

1) How long is the Defects Liability Period (DLP)?
12 months from the date of notice to take possession.

2) What is the developer liable for during DLP?
During DLP, you may notify our representatives of any reasonable defects arising from workmanship, quality of materials or any alleged defects that we can improve upon within reasonable expectations.

However, we will not be held responsible for defects arising from negligence of your own contractor(s). It is therefore advisable that upon handing over of the unit, a joint inspection is carried out with our representative to register the defects.

3) How long will it take to complete rectification works?
Once the issues have been brought to the attention of our Customer Service Team (CST) and upon Architect’s verification that the defects are valid, our CST will direct the main contractor to proceed with the rectification works.

Once the certified defect is rectified, our CST will conduct a joint inspection with the owner to acknowledge and sign off the completed works.

The duration of the rectification works will depend on the extent of the work required. However, we will to the best of our efforts commence the rectification works within 14 working days and complete within a month. Otherwise, our CST will keep you informed of the measures to be taken and the revised schedules.

1) When can I carry out my renovation works?
Preferably after all defects have been rectified.

2) Can I make additions / alterations to my house?
Yes, but you will need to seek approval from the Managing Agent/Management Committee for all internal and external renovations. Where applicable, you will also need to obtain written approval from the relevant authorities and submit a copy of the approval to the Managing Agent/Management Committee before commencement of any works.

3) Can I change or add new doors in my house?
Yes, except the main door, sliding doors or any other doors which form part of the external elevations.

4) Can I install grilles for my windows and/or doors at the balcony?
Yes, but you are required to adopt only the approved grille design and colour so as to maintain the consistency of the building façade. A copy of the approved design can be obtained from the Managing Agent office.

5) Am I allowed to change the colour of my external walls?
No, so as to maintain the consistency of the building façade.

6) Can I knock down the internal wall?
Only non-load bearing walls can be demolished. You should verify and seek approval from the developer’s representative/Managing Agent/Management Committee via a sketch.

7) Should I need to do renovations in future, will I be given the necessary plans?
Yes, you will be given layout plans during the key collection day. However, they can only serve as a guide. All dimensions must be verified physically within your apartment unit.

8) Works permitted within Household Shelters (HS)
Please refer to Singapore Civil Defence Force for works permitted within Houseshold Shelters (www.scdf.gov.sg).

  Telecom, Electricity & Water Supply

1) How many telephone lines can I apply for my house?
You can apply up to a maximum of 4 lines from Singapore Telecom.

Application for installation of new residential telephone can be made personally at any Post Office or any Hello Customer Service Centre with your identity card. If you are already a SingTel Customer, you may make the application by calling 1609.

2) Have all the switches, power points, telephone points and SCV points been tested?
Yes, they have been tested and are in compliance with the relevant regulations.

3) When do I need to apply for my water, electrical and telecom accounts?
We will include in our handover kit the Singapore Power and SingTel application forms for your submissions to the authorities. Alternatively, application for water and electricity can be made directly with Power Supply Pte Ltd located at Singapore Power HQ Building at 111 Somerset Road.

Power will be turned-on within 3 working days from receipt of your application.

  Mechanical & Electrical (M & E) Works

1) Can I continue the air-conditioning servicing and maintenance contract with your existing contractor after DLP?
Yes. You can approach the contractor directly.

2) Can I fix a ceiling fan or a chandelier from the ceiling?
Yes. However, please ensure that your contractor installs the correct fixtures/ hooks to the structure or structural floor slab above.

3) I don’t plan to use one of the water closets (WC). Can I remove it?
Yes, but you will have to engage a licensed plumber to apply for approval from National Environmental Agent (NEA) and to remove the WC.